Chanel - Disinterested complaints Department, they have made the sale, that's it.

I recently travelled from Australia to Copenhagen.After a short visit I then flew to Paris.

Whilst in the Copenhagen airport I purchased La Base, Le Top Coat and Le Verninis 534 from the Chanel duty free shop. I carried these products in a clear plastic bag as required by the airlines in my carry on bag on the plane. After arriving in Paris I wanted to use the products but I discovered that two products had perished during the flight.

I have been using Chanel make up, Polish and perfume for over 30 years and this has never happened to me before.

I was extremely disappointed and whilst in Bordeaux I visited Galerie la Fayette, at the Chanel counter I informed them of the problems, they were not interested and said I would have to contact the Chanel complaints Department. I emailed the Department setting out my complaint. About two weeks later I received a computer generated email, asking me to telephone them, or to advise them of my telephone number. I immediately replied only to receive the same computer generated email.

I again replied asking if they received my initial email with all the information, receipt and photos. No response, so I rang Vanessa who referred me to Frederic. She advised that due to my departure from France she would refer the matter to Chanel Australia. As I was not flying to Australia for more than a month I thought it ridiculous .

She could easily posted express delivery. I should not have to waste my holidays and time emailing and telephone. Frederic refused to give me her contact details if I had a further problem. Now I am supposed to wait until I return to Australia and wait for Chanel to contact me.

If I don't hear from them I have to contact the complaints department.

Where is the customer service?Chanel purports to be an international label company, well that's what it advertises, pity they are not interested once they make the sale.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Poor service defective product

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Le Top Coat And Le Verninis 534
Review category
Cosmetics and Toiletries
review #896673 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Chanel? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Chanel. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Chanel.
Filing a new complaint about