Gen, Poitou-Charentes
100% full Not resolved

I recently travelled from Australia to Copenhagen.After a short visit I then flew to Paris.

Whilst in the Copenhagen airport I purchased La Base, Le Top Coat and Le Verninis 534 from the Chanel duty free shop. I carried these products in a clear plastic bag as required by the airlines in my carry on bag on the plane. After arriving in Paris I wanted to use the products but I discovered that two products had perished during the flight.

I have been using Chanel make up, Polish and perfume for over 30 years and this has never happened to me before.

I was extremely disappointed and whilst in Bordeaux I visited Galerie la Fayette, at the Chanel counter I informed them of the problems, they were not interested and said I would have to contact the Chanel complaints Department. I emailed the Department setting out my complaint. About two weeks later I received a computer generated email, asking me to telephone them, or to advise them of my telephone number. I immediately replied only to receive the same computer generated email.

I again replied asking if they received my initial email with all the information, receipt and photos. No response, so I rang Vanessa who referred me to Frederic. She advised that due to my departure from France she would refer the matter to Chanel Australia. As I was not flying to Australia for more than a month I thought it ridiculous .

She could easily posted express delivery. I should not have to waste my holidays and time emailing and telephone. Frederic refused to give me her contact details if I had a further problem. Now I am supposed to wait until I return to Australia and wait for Chanel to contact me.

If I don't hear from them I have to contact the complaints department.

Where is the customer service?Chanel purports to be an international label company, well that's what it advertises, pity they are not interested once they make the sale.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $60. The author is overall dissatisfied with Chanel and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about chanel le verninis nail polish from Chanel was lack of solution and poor service defective product Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Chanel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cosmetics and Toiletries category for more informed decision or compare Chanel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Chanel?

Comments